Monday, September 07, 2009

Tomato and Onion Omelet

As I woke up this morning, I went into the fridge to check for something to eat. I saw a huge tomato in the fridge and thought of doing something about it. Since it is still early in the morning, I thought of making an omelet with that tomato.



I used a peso coin for the comparison of its size.



I cut the tomato on my favorite anti-bacterial chopping board.

After cutting the tomato, I made some cubed onions and chopped some dill *since dill is the only fresh herb available at the moment*

When making an omelet, you would want to have that light texture of the egg, a little airy perhaps. You can only achieve this by cooking it right and giving it some air when preparing the egg. You whisk the egg until air foams form. Like this one.



You can see that air has already incorporated with the egg. This will give you a better texture with your omelet, not the stiff and rubbery type *although you can get this by overcooking your eggs too*.

Use butter instead of normal oil for a richer flavor. Also, when cooking, try to cook on low heat so that you don't overcook your eggs. Eggs overcook easily.

Anyhow, so this is the end product.



Opinion

Bad presentation *obviously*. Texture was great, fluffy omelet just the way I like it. Moreover, the onions gave a good bite to eat and surprisingly, the flavor of the onion wasn't that overpowering. The eggs probably balanced its taste. Lastly, the tomato was really gorgeous, it had a great texture and it was sweet. It also gave me a refreshing feel while eating it.

No comments: