Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sea Bass in Lemon Parsley

Being the carnivore that I am, I used to dislike seafood when I was young. It was always meat meat meat! It all changed, however, when I first tasted a succulent lean fillet of sea bass when I was around 14.

The other day, I went to Santis and found some good sea bass steak. I bought a piece and I filleted it at home.

The cooking was simple. Just sear the fish and finish it in the oven, careful not to overcook the fish. You don't want to ruin an expensive fillet of fish.



First, marinate the sea bass with some dill and lemon juice for around 30 minutes. Season it with salt and pepper. Sear the fillet both sides then put it in the oven to finish cooking.

For the sauce, put some parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil in the blender and blend everything.

For the carbs, I made some simple mashed potatoes and voila, dinner!

Opinion

The texture and flavor of the whole dish was good. Flavors were clean and simple and blended well with each other. The problem here was my mashed potato. I should have put more cream and butter so that I have a better consistency and a richer product. Moreover, it will also give a better presentation with the end product.

No comments: